Before you begin
The web version of Run The World is best experienced on Google Chrome and is required for all individuals signed up as event speakers. Download Google Chrome
Sign in to Run The World
- Open your email. Find the invitation message from email@example.com and click on Get Started. (Can't find your confirmation email? Go directly to https://organizer.runtheworld.today.)
- Sign in using the email address associated with your account or Create an account if you have not already.
Test your devices
- Go to your Joined Events, and find your speaking event.
- Click Enter event.
- Close all other video/audio software (including Zoom, Google Meet, and FaceTime) on your computer.
- Unpair any bluetooth devices you do not plan on using during your session.
- Click Join as speaker
- If Chrome tab launches, make sure the camera and microphone permissions are set to "Allow."
- Confirm your camera, microphone, and speaker settings using the drop-down menu.
- Click Join talk room.
- When you are prompted to confirm your devices, click Join.
Prepare for your talk, and start streaming
- Use the allotted time displayed on the screen to prepare for your talk
- Launch your speaking event as close to the start time as possible.
- When you are ready to go live, click Start streaming.
- A confirmation box will appear. Click Go live.
- Your talk will begin once the moderator joins.
During your speaking event, engage attendees
- Use interactive features like chat messaging, screen sharing, polling, and group selfies by clicking the buttons on the bottom of the page.
- Moderator can hide them on the right column instead of showing the headshot on the stage. Attendees can find the name of the moderator at the "On Stage" list.
- Ask your attendees for a "Groupfie", or a group selfie!
End your talk
- Exit by clicking the arrow button on the bottom left corner.
- Click on "End this talk" only when you want to finish streaming.