- How to create a Cocktail Party on desktop
- How to join a Cocktail Party on mobile
- Group-based matching for Cocktail Party
1. Create an account
- Download Google Chrome.
- Enter the email address you used to RSVP to the event, then create a password.
- Verify your email by entering the 6 digit code sent to your email.
- Import your profile from your social media, or fill out your profile manually if you'd like.
Congratulations! You've created your account and purchased your ticket!
2. Find your event
- To view and join your event, click on Joined Events when you login back in.
- On the day of the event, find your event's cocktail party and click Join.
- Click Check in.
- If the organizer has enabled group-based matching, you will be able to select the role you most identify with. Click Next.
3. Set up mic + camera
- If you get a popup from Chrome asking for Run The World to use your microphone and camera, click "Allow."
- Choose your settings on the upper left of the camera preview.
- When you're done, click I'm ready.
4. Get matchin'
- The round will begin and will start to match you with another person in the party.
- You are now ready to be matched! While you wait 15 seconds to connect, feel free to read the bio of the person you've matched with to learn more about them.
- When your chat begins, you will be able to select from either voice or video chatting. If you prefer to chat with video, be sure to have both your video and audio on.
- You may enable either voice or video chatting by turning on/off your mic and camera displayed at the bottom of the screen.
(screenshot below shows Skye using only audio, and Zach using video)
(screenshot below shows both Maming and Zach using video)
- You may end the conversation at anytime by clicking on the phone icon displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- You will automatically join the next round. If you'd like to stop matching with others, you can exit out of the browser.
After the party ends, you will see a list of the participants you were matched with, and follow any person you'd like to connect with again in the nearby future.
One last thing, share your experience with others about today's cocktail hour.