Let's debug this for you.
We strongly recommend using Google Chrome. Other browsers including Firefox, Safari and IE are not fully supported at this time. We are actively working to improve this. Download the latest version of Chrome.
If your mic is working but your camera isn't, quit other applications. Ensure that the camera is not being used by any other application at the same time.
If your mic and camera are both not working, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Allow camera and microphone in your web browser.
- Click the lock icon next to the URL in your browser (see red arrow below)
- Choose Allow for both Camera and Microphone
You can check to make sure Run The World has permission to access your devices. Copy and paste the link below in a new window or tab.
The menu should look similar to what's below. Confirm Camera and Microphone are set to Allow.
Step 2: If still not working, open a New Incognito Window in Chrome
- Click File and open an incognito window. Then paste your event link into the URL field. Log in and enter your event like you would in a typical browser. This allows you to potentially bypass some of the elements blocking permissions for Run The World.
Step 3: Check your System Preferences
- Open System Preferences
- Choose Security & Privacy
- Enable permissions for Camera and Microphone for Google Chrome
Step 4: Still no luck? Check your internet connections.
- Solution 1: Restart your modem and router
- Solution 2: Disconnected with VPN, connect with phone's hotspot
- Solution 3: Verify your firewall or router settings
- Network and Firewall settings to Whitelist Run The World
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a direct proxy link for your session.
Step 5: Download our mobile app and join the event via your mobile device.
- Search the App Store and Google Play Store for Run The World Events
- Log in and join your event and use the Grab the Mic feature to join the stage.
Contact email@example.com if you need direct support and our team will respond as quickly as possible.